Signs that Your Partner May be Suffering from Addiction
Addiction is a rampant disease and most addicts innately have the same tendencies, regardless of what drugs or alcohol they use. Addicts will use utilize whatever means available to them – emotional manipulation, anger – so they can keep using drugs or alcohol. Their spouses and family could become second place to an addict whose logic dictates that they keep using. Everyday, the addict faces a struggle with their addiction and continues to suffer because quitting, in the mind of the addict, is not something they’re capable of. Addiction can breed denial along with limitless ways that the addict can justify their drug or alcohol abuse, to themselves and their spouse and family. Here are some signs that your partner may be suffering from addiction:
- Does your partner depend on a substance of choice?
- Do they constantly make up excuses for when they are using?
- Is there a change in their personality when they are unable to use their substance of choice?
- Do you feel that you have no control over your partner’s drug or alcohol use?
- Do you spend a lot of time worrying about your partner’s well-being?
Being in love with someone in the depths of addiction could lead you to develop a “blindness” to their drug or alcohol use, because it’s difficult to associate someone that you love with the horrifying, damage realities connected to drug and alcohol abuse.
If your partner exhibits these signs, consider White Sands Treatment Center to help your loved one get on the path to recovery and sobriety. Call (877) 855-3470 to consult with our addiction specialists today!