Heroin is one of the most widely abused drugs in the world today, and it is also one of the most dangerous drugs. Heroin addicts living in Florida can safely overcome their dependence with a reputable heroin rehab in Florida. In treatment, patients will receive the necessary help to combat the physical and mental effects of heroin. By seeking a heroin rehab in Florida, those suffering from addiction can begin living a healthy life without the consequences of substance abuse looming. Heroin is not only highly addictive but many batches of heroin today often contain prescription medications such as fentanyl which can cause overdose to occur. If you or a loved on have experienced an overdose from heroin it may be a sign that getting treatment is urgent. Depending on the individual involved and extent of addiction, the patient may need a heroin rehab in Florida that offers medically assisted detox, cognitive behavioral therapy, motivational therapy, and relapse prevention regimes all in one program.
Signs you or a loved one need a heroin rehab in Florida
- Harsh mood swings
- Drug seeking behavior
- Legal troubles
- Detachment from family and friends
- Inability to stop on your own
- Withdrawal from stopping use
- Dangerous behaviors such as stealing, pawning items for drug money, and risking health by sharing needles
What to look for in a Heroin Rehab in Florida
Medically assisted detoxification is often advised for heroin dependency, with medications prescribed to help alleviate and manage withdrawal symptoms. Common withdrawal symptoms from opiate drugs include nausea, vomiting, sweating, cramps, and restless limbs. Methadone or buprenorphine may be prescribed to help reduce the severity of these symptoms, with long-term heroin replacement therapy sometimes required.
Heroin Rehab in Florida should also include the following after medical detox:
- Ongoing assessment of treatment programs that gets modified when necessary to ensure that it is meeting the needs of the patients.
- Relapse prevention education and training to support long term sobriety.
- Aftercare assistance to identify support programs to further enhance the ability to stay sober.
- Provide families with substance abuse Intervention assistance to help those endangering themselves and others who cannot or will not seek treatment on their own to get the help they need.
- Programs that focus on healing the whole person, not just the symptoms of addiction.
- Comprehensive programs that integrate both holistic and conventional treatment models.
While detox helps people to stop using heroin, it does not address the psychological factors that underpin addiction. Heroin rehab in Florida provides programs that are based largely on cognitive and behavioral methods, with some programs also using motivational techniques so that patients have a strong foundation for recovery. Relapse prevention programs also play an important role during rehab, with therapists helping patients to recognize triggers and cope with the reintegration process. Heroin addiction isn’t easy to overcome but with the proper treatment it is possible.
If you or a loved one needs help with abuse and/or treatment, please call the WhiteSands Treatment at (877) 855-3470. Our addiction specialists can assess your recovery needs and help you get the addiction treatment that provides the best chance for your long-term recovery.