Florida Drug Treatment Centers
Evidence-based addiction treatment programs are essential in the recovery process. These important adjuncts to overcoming substance and behavioral addictions are tailored to fit the needs of each patient. The evidence-based programs offered at Florida drug treatment centers can help recovering addicts attain the skills and recovery tools they’ll need to manage their sobriety long term.
Evidence-based Addiction Treatment
Evidence-based addiction treatment is a care model that is supported by multiple scientific research studies and empirical outcomes. At Florida drug treatment centers, you can find a wide range of these therapy models. In action, evidence-based treatment entails, according to the National Center on Addiction and Substance Abuse, (CASA) the following elements:
- Comprehensive Assessments that evaluate the individual’s medical, psychological, social, family and substance use history, their current health status, addictive patterns of behaviors, genetic predisposition, personality traits, and the presence of any co-occurring disorders such as post-traumatic stress disorder or other forms of mental illness.
- Stabilization requires the halting of substance abuse and the elimination of accumulated toxins through the detoxification process.
- Customized Care address the unique physical and psychological issues presented by each patient through various treatment models such as therapeutic interventions and pharmaceuticals that have been tested and are approved by various regulatory entities.
- Community Reinforcement Programs that improve life skills, family relations, recreational activities and vocational skills.
- Contingency Management uses the incentive approach that rewards and reinforces positive behavior.
- Family Therapy is a conflict reduction program whose outcomes improve communication between spouses, parents, and children as well as between siblings. This treatment approach has been gaining popularity because of its impact on helping to reduce recidivism rates.
- Relapse Prevention Management provide tools that help patients to function better in their day to day lives without the need for chemical substances. This treatment regimen for some individuals may require supervision for chronic illnesses that require ongoing medical management.
- Aftercare furthers the recovery process through services such as referrals and coordination of ongoing therapeutic or counseling support.
To learn more about how you can get help for drug or alcohol addiction, contact Florida drug treatment centers today, Caring specialists are waiting to answer any questions you may have.
If you or a loved one needs help with abuse and/or treatment, please call the White Sands Treatment Center at (877) 556-9584. Our addiction specialists can assess your recovery needs and help you get the addiction treatment that provides the best chance for your long-term recovery.