Connecting Addicts with the Best Treatment
Achieve recovery and help addicts with the best treatment from a detox and rehab center
The task of connecting addicts with the best treatment available requires an understanding of what successful, effective recovery is. Weaning an addict off of harmful substances is only a small part of effective recovery from drugs and alcohol. When trying to connect addicts with the best treatment we should take into account that the goal of recovery is to return the addict back into a productive and healthy individual.
Successful recovery from addiction has resulted in the addict being restored to his family, community and workplace. Addicts who make a commitment to complete a recovery treatment program, and attend long-term aftercare programs are less likely to return to using drugs or alcohol. They will become more socially and psychologically aware and healthier, and they will be able to manage a full-time job or go back to school for further education. Criminal activity is reduced and in some cases eliminated. Addicts who have received behavioral therapy will begin to recognize negative thought and behavior patterns that need to be relinquished. And they will begin to build up a new paradigm of thinking and behavior that will best serve their new healthy lifestyle.
There are many drug treatment centers vying for your business. If you or a loved one has an addiction problem, you will want to receive the best drug addiction treatment available. There are many things to consider when selecting the right drug rehab facility. Keep in mind that the best drug addiction treatment centers recognize these important facts:
- There is no single treatment plan that is right for everyone. Each individual case is unique and should be treated accordingly.
- Addiction is a complicated, but treatable, disorder that affects the brain and behavior.
- Effective treatment involves treating the addict holistically in body, mind and spirit, to address every need and restore the addict back to wholeness.
- Treatment should be quickly and easily accessible to anyone who needs it.
- Completing an addiction recovery program is vital to its success.
- Treatment should also include addressing mental disorders if they exist.
- A medical detox is the first phase of recovery treatment.
- Psychological counseling and behavioral therapy should be a part of the recovery program.
- The patient should be re-assessed as he completes each phase of treatment.
- Treatment does not have to be voluntary to be successful.
- The addict should be physically and mentally assessed at the beginning of treatment. Infectious diseases and other physical or mental disorders should also be treated.
To provide drug addicts with the best treatment, a well-planned treatment program should include the evaluation and treatment for co-occurring disorders such as: bi-polar, anxiety, depression, post traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) and attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD). A medically supervised detox process should be monitored and controlled by addiction specialists familiar with addictions and their specific withdrawal symptoms. Individual and group therapy, family counseling, behavioral therapy and relapse prevention should all be a part of the treatment program; or whatever is deemed necessary for a full recovery of the patient. Long-term care with counseling and support group meetings will help the recovering addict stay sober and focused on his recovery.
Medications are often used in the best drug addiction treatment centers to manage withdrawal symptoms during the detox process. They are also used to prevent relapse by curbing intense drug cravings, and also to manage co-occurring mental disorders.
There are excellent drug rehab centers that offer drug addiction recovery programs on an in or out- patient basis. For patients with more severe addictions or co-occurring mental disorders, it is deemed best for them to be treated on an in-patient basis. A licensed Florida drug rehab center such as White Sands offer structured and intensive care in safe, drug-free environments. Therapeutic communities offer highly structured residential treatment programs that can last from six months to one year, and focus on restoring and transforming the body, mind and spirit of the patient. These types of treatment programs are highly effective and offer successful treatment options.
If you or a loved one needs help with abuse and/or treatment, please call the White Sands Treatment Center at (877) 855-3470. Our addiction specialists can assess your recovery needs and help you get the addiction treatment that provides the best chance for your long-term recovery.