If you are wondering whether you may need help from a treatment center, look out for the following changes in conjunction with your alcohol or drug use.
- Mood swings
- Feeling defensive and victimized if anyone tries to talk to you about substance abuse
- Strained relationships
- Making excuses or manipulating others to offset the blame for problems caused by substance abuse
- Apathy towards things you used to love
- Obsessing about the next time you will be able to indulge in drugs or alcohol.
- Poorer performance at work or school
- Feeling anxious
- Constantly feeling lethargic, fatigued and unmotivated
You can also take one of our Self-Assessment Questionnaires listed below.